QUALITY MANAGEMENT –
Responsibility from farm to fork
Quality Assurance & Certification
Our customers in the food industry, professional users and final consumers expect food of a consistently high standard. As a producer and direct importer we are directly responsible for the quality of our products – from cultivation and processing to the store rooms of major wholesalers and the shelves of the supermarkets.
For us, quality assurance means to start with field work: our foreign offices in the countries of origin employ their own quality managers, who work closely with the producers to ensure compliance with the agreed standards, beginning with the selection of raw materials, controlled production and the monitoring of transfer to the factories.
In the central logistics facility in Paderborn we have our own laboratory, which is headed up by a food chemist. Samples are taken from every incoming batch. In addition, independent laboratories also carry out regular analyses.
In 1994, we were one of the first businesses in our industry to introduce a certified quality management system, which currently complies with the IFS standard. All processes, material streams and quality checks are documented on an end-to-end basis as part of this system. This means that traceability and transparency are guaranteed for every batch of fruit and vegetables – and this across continents.
When choosing our production partners we pay attention to:
- Compliance with legal requirements in the countries of origin and destinations,
- Compliance with the criteria for GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and GAP (Good Agricultural Practice),
- Certification according to international quality standards such as IFS or BRC,
- Compliance with and documentation of the HACCP standard,
- Continuous development of internal processes so that ethical principles can be achieved in line with the standards of the BSCI in a realistic timeframe and in accordance with the relevant local conditions.